We Got Spirit
On about 5:00 pm on March 1st, we were told we had a trademark issue with another Texas winery. This news came just weeks before opening and just after bottling 4 out of our first 5 wines! The winery was very understanding and is allowing us to sell out of our remaining product including our May bottling.
It definitely came as a surprise and took a little wind out of our sails. That’s when Moira came up with our new name, Spirit of Texas Winery. So we looked into it further, here are some definitions of Spirit that really resonated with us:
- the principle of conscious life; the vital principle in humans, animating the body or mediating between body and soul.
- the thinking, motivating, feeling part of a person.
- a pervading animating principle, essential or characteristic quality, or prevailing tendency or attitude.
- real meaning; true intention.
- the fundamental, emotional, and activating principle of a person; will.
- vivacity, courage, vigor, enthusiasm, etc.
- the influence of God or divine things upon the soul.
There have been many days in these past 9 months that have really tested our Spirit. There were some long, hard, and stressful days as Moira and I worked to complete the build out of the tasting room. We have put our blood, sweat and even tears into this endeavor. It wasn’t until after we opened that we realized what we had created. Although it’s only been 6 weeks, we have met so many wonderful people. We have had the opportunity to share the story of our journey. It is heartwarming to know that so many of you are a part of our ongoing story.
We will be changing our website in the next few days to www.spiritioftexaswinery.com as well as all of our social media accounts.
I am a believer that most things happen for a reason. We are excited about our new name; Spirit of Texas Winery!